About East Asia Pacific Area (EAPA) 2021 Virtual Conference
The East Asia Pacific Area (EAPA) has the highest influence in corrosion and corrosion control in the area. Every 2 years, the EAPA section organizes one of the largest corrosion conferences in the region. This year, we have partnered with the Australasian Corrosion Association (ACA) to take this popular conference virtual for the first time ever!
This year promises to be bigger and better as professionals from around the world representing infrastructure, utilities, transportation, oil & gas production and manufacturing, and more come together for this unique opportunity to hear the latest insight on corrosion issues specific to the area from global industry experts, expand your network in a whole new way, and discover cutting-edge technology and services to advance your corrosion mitigation plan.
Submit your abstract
We are preparing to bring you the best EAPA Conference yet! We want you to share your experience, expertise and industry best practices as part of our exciting technical program.
- Deadline for Abstracts: 2 July 2021
- Author Notification: 9 July 2021
- Deadline for Draft Paper: 23 July 2021
- Deadline for Final Paper: 13 August 2021
- Deadline for Presentation: 3 September 2021
- Deadline for Recorded Presentation: 17 September 2021
Asset Integrity & Risk Management
This session addresses integrity and risk management as a fundamental tool to prevent or mitigate failures for any sector of industry.
- Development and application of risk-based methodologies for proactive monitoring of aging assets’ integrity
- Application of codes & practices for integrity and risk management of structures
- Case studies and field application on integrity and risk management assessment
- Cathodic protection, ECDA, in-line inspection and corrosion analysis
- Corrosion monitoring techniques
- Internal and external corrosion control techniques & evaluation
- Pipeline repairs, new technologies
Corrosion Research & Innovation
Papers in this track will focus on ongoing or recently completed basic as well as applied research in the area of corrosion science & engineering.
- Fundamental corrosion mechanisms
- Metal alloy development for improved corrosion resistance
- Advanced protective coatings
- Microbiologically influence corrosion
- Corrosion monitoring and control
- Corrosion inhibition
- Advances in corrosion measurement techniques & data analysis
- Material selection and understanding materials performance (failure analysis)
- Corrosion modeling, simulation and prediction
Digital Transformation in Corrosion
This session contains technical presentations that address the benefits of recent developments and industry trends in digital technologies for corrosion and integrity management.
- “Big data” capture, information management and analytics, and AI implementation
- Recent advancements, opportunities, challenges, and industry trends in digital technologies for corrosion and assets integrity management
- Digital technologies, including AI, Machine-Learning, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR)
- Applications of digital technologies (IR 4.0) focusing on assets integrity, such as corrosion & inspection data management, corrosion modelling and prediction
Cost of Corrosion
This session contains technical presentations concerning the economic impact of corrosion and its implications on the global economy.
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Cost of corrosion failure
- Case studies that address a project’s return on investment (ROI) as a performance measurement
Top of Line Corrosion (TOLC)
This session will include technical papers on mechanism, modeling, field experience, monitoring, mitigation (design and inhibition) for top of the line corrosion (TOLC).
- Simulation and prediction of TOLC
- Detection of TOLC
- Mitigation strategies employed by operators
- Subsea pipeline repairs
- Mechanism and modeling of TOLC
- Field experience and pipeline inspection
This session is dedicated to corrosion and corrosion control in systems for energy generation.
- Advanced materials at high temperatures for future power energy systems
- Corrosion and scaling in geothermal energy systems
- Energy production, including fossil, nuclear and renewables
- Onshore and offshore wind generators, water turbines and tidal systems
- Photovoltaic and solar thermal power stations
- Contributions on corrosion issues and corrosion control in nuclear and high-temperature fossil fuel-fired systems
Corrosion in Concrete
This session is seeking abstracts that will deal with all aspect of corrosion of steel in concrete.
- Reinforced concrete structures, offshore and onshore infrastructure, bridges, and concrete pipelines
- Pitting corrosion, uniform corrosion, new cementitious materials, geopolymer concrete, fly ash concrete corrosion, stress corrosion cracking, fatigue corrosion, weld joints corrosion, electrochemical chloride removal, and electrochemical realkalinization
- Experimental results, modeling and simulation, including electrochemical and surface characterization techniques
- Cathodic protection, both of impressed current and galvanic anode type, and chloride removal and criteria for effective protection
- Durability of reinforced concrete structures and mechanisms of concrete deterioration
- NDE and diagnostics, electrochemical repair, lifecycle models, concrete prediction, chlorides and carbonation, and concrete repair challenges for critical infrastructure in service
NOTE: If you encounter any issue or you require assistance on your abstract submission, please contact Reygie de Borja.
The EAPA 2021 Virtual Conference will require the following for any approved abstracts:
- Full paper of your topic
- A PowerPoint presentation of your topic
- All formatting and content requirements are followed for papers and presentations
- A video-recorded formal presentation of your topic. Total recording should be between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on the schedule of the event. Guidelines for recording to be provided.
- All listed deadlines are met.
- A signed copyright release agreement.
- A brief biography
- Understanding that all papers will be published in the online conference proceedings and will be recommended to AMPP publications for peer review
NOTE: All accepted conference papers may be considered for applicable AMPP publication(s). All accepted speakers are required to register but will receive a $75 discount for their participation. More details to follow once abstract is accepted.
Registration to the EAPA 2021 Virtual Conference includes access to all technical presentations, virtual exhibit hall, the virtual platform for thirty (30) days after the conclusion of the event, and digital access to all recorded presentations (available after the conclusion of the conference).
Online registration will close on 11 October 2021.
|Advance - Ends 10 September
* Includes active membership to NACE, SSPC, or the Australasian Corrosion Association in good standing.
**To register as a student please contact First Service at FirstService@ampp.org or +1 281-228-6200.
Who will I see?
- Coatings Inspector and Applicator
- Executive/Senior Management
- Integrity Manager
- Plant/Facility Manager
- Systems Manager/Operator
Conference Chair: Prof. Dawei Zhang, University of Science and Technology Beijing
Conference Co-chair: Mr Dean Wall, Jotun
Technical Committee Chair: Nurul Asni Mohamed, PETRONAS
Isaac Isakovich, Anode Engineering
Prof. Luo Hong, University of Science and Technology Beijing
Nurul Asni Mohamed, PETRONAS
Dr. Wayne Thomson, PFP Systems
Suryani Suryani, Pertamina
Attapong Terdpravat, INTEG
Warren Green, Vinsi Partners