Who should attend
This program benefits anyone working within the Corrosion industry who may be in a position where they are faced with ethical decision making including:
- Quality Control
Section 1 | Introduction
- Recognize the importance of upholding ethical standards across the Corrosion Prevention and Control industry.
Section 2 | Professional Ethics
- Differentiate between ethics, morals and values.
- Discuss how the Six Pillars of Character embody the ethical values of a professional.
- Explain why ethics is important within professional settings.
Section 3 | Factors that Lead to Unethical Decision Making
- Describe what an unethical decision is.
- Describe how rationalizations are used to justify unethical decisions in a professional setting.
- Recognize the factors that can lead an individual to make an unethical decision.
Section 4 | Types of Unethical Behavior
- Identify types of unethical behavior seen when working in the corrosion industry.
- Describe the consequences of engaging in unethical behavior.
Section 5 | A Framework for Ethical Decision Making
- Explain what ethical dilemmas are and why they occur within professional environments.
- Apply an ethical decision-making framework to solve ethical dilemmas.