We take the health and safety of our students and instructors seriously and it is our first priority as news of local coronavirus cases have been reported in Houston. NACE International has been closely monitoring and following recommended guidelines and safety measures for “congregate settings” issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) at our facility in Houston and have taken the following “social distancing” precautions:
- Classrooms are being disinfected regularly
- Extra hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes have been made available
- Classroom set ups are being re-arranged wherever possible to ensure students are seated 1 per table, and all students and instructors are placed at least 6 feet apart.
- We are providing gloves for any hands-on learning activities
- Instructors have been advised on protocols for managing students who may become ill in class
- Any students who are ill or who are showing signs of illness are being transferred to future classes
- Our First Service team is working closely with students whose companies have restricted travel to get them in future classes
- We are closely monitoring the activities of other educational institutions, including universities, on the precautions they are following
- Our class sizes, remain small (24 students or less) and are not consider large or community gatherings
The education team meets regularly and will continue to evaluate courses in all locations. Where needed, courses will be rescheduled, and students will be promptly notified and provided alternative arrangements.
To date, NACE has canceled courses or postponed courses in China, United Arab Emirates, Japan, Italy and Korea, and postponed exams due to the temporary closure of Pearson VUE testing facilities in some of those countries as well.