The NACE Institute is seeking Senior Internal Corrosion Technologist certified individuals to serve as content contributors for an Item Writing / Item Review workshop to write and review newly developed items for the SICT exam. This activity is a step in the exam development process and ensures the test questions are of high quality and appropriate for the exam. In this workshop, you will write new items and review existing items to help decide if they should be used on the exam. You will be trained in item writing best practice in order to write appropriate content that fits with the domains set by the JTA and then approve, reject, or suggest edits to the new items. We are looking for volunteers with a Senior Internal Corrosion Technologist certification from all over the world to ensure coverage of diverse regions, practice settings, experience levels, and other demographic characteristics of those working in the field.
NACE Institute will cover economy travel and expenses:
- Economy Airfare- flights under $600 do not require pre-approval. Flights over $600 require pre-approval. International flights over $1200.00 require pre-approval. *Flights will be reimbursed after the workshop.
- NII will pay for a regular room at the NII predetermined hotel. Or reimburse up to $89 per night with receipt
- Meals not covered by NII will be reimbursed up to $40.00 per meal with a receipt.
- Uber, cab, parking, and rental car fees must accompany a receipt and are not to exceed $150 total without prior approval. This is based on the use of an uber, as it is the most economical choice.
If you have any questions, please contact Theresa Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Must hold a Senior Internal Corrosion Technologist certification and work in the industry.
- English speaking
- At least 1 year working in the industry
- Uninterrupted participation for 4 full days