The NACE Foundation is hosting a day-long mini-camp for local high school students during CORROSION 2020, to educate and spread corrosion awareness to the next generation!
We are looking for Tour Guides to lead groups of 8-10 high school students through the CORROSION exhibit hall during the NACE Foundation's CORROSION: Opportunities Realized mini-camp.
- Students will participate in hands-on corrosion related activities, utilizing the NACE Foundation’s cKit™ (Corrosion Toolkit), and will learn basic scientific principles of corrosion in topics such as oxidation, thermodynamics, and electrochemistry.
- Students will also have the opportunity to learn about research and career opportunities from industry professionals and university students while touring the CORROSION 2020 show floor.
If you often find yourself explaining to others about the awesome effects of corrosion, this is the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
First shift is 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Second shift is 12:30 pm - 2:45 pm
Lunch is served at 12:00 pm - all volunteers welcome to enjoy lunch
Tour Guide Responsibilities
Lead groups of 8-10 high school students through the CORROSION 2020 exhibit hall, stopping at areas such as the CP Test Field, Student Poster Session, and NACE Booth.
- Must be registered to attend CORROSION 2020 in Houston, TX
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be fluent and/or proficient in English language
- Current/Previous participation in Student Poster Session (preferred)
- Experience explaining or teaching basic concepts in corrosion (preferred)
- Previous attendance and/or familiarity at annual CORROSION conference(preferred)