Who should attend
Individuals responsible for implementation and/or management of an integrity program for a pipeline system with an emphasis on integrity verif ication and maintenance optimization.
- Describe DA and the relationship to an overall pipeline corrosion integrity management program
- Recognize the benefits and limitations of DA
- Recall standards related to DA
- Differentiate DA from other pipeline integrity methods
- Perform quality assurance
- Establish corrosion rates
- Explain responsibilities of the operator and/or service provider
- Categorize the DA Phases:
- Indirect inspections
- Direct examinations
- Recognize the different types of DA:
- External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
- Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
- Confirmatory Direct Assessment (DA)
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
Visit NACE International Institute for individual certification requirements. Requirements are specific to each certification and may include a combination of exams, application, course completion, work experience and proof of educational achievements. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the NACE International ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process.