Who should attend
Individuals responsible for implementation and/or management of an integrity program for a pipeline system with an emphasis on integrity verif ication and maintenance optimization.
- Describe DA and the relationship to an overall pipeline corrosion integrity management program
- Recognize the benefits and limitations of DA
- Recall standards related to DA
- Differentiate DA from other pipeline integrity methods
- Perform quality assurance
- Establish corrosion rates
- Explain responsibilities of the operator and/or service provider
- Categorize the DA Phases:
- Indirect inspections
- Direct examinations
- Recognize the different types of DA:
- External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
- Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
- Confirmatory Direct Assessment (DA)
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the written exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.