Who should attend
- Planning, engineering, and supervisory level personnel responsible for industrial coatings and linings who are new to the f ield or position
- Specif iers, maintenance, and project engineers in all industries
- Marketing representatives of coatings materials or equipment
- Unit managers involved in corrosion
- Define control corrosion and the purpose of coatings and linings
- Identify the types of coating systems and select the appropriate one based on factoring considerations
- Recognize the purpose of surface preparation and identify errors/omissions
- Explain the methods of application and the standards associated with those methods
- Produce desired results by understanding the importance of coating specif ication and pre-job conference
- Conduct inspection and quality control and understand the instruments and tools required
- Utilize instruments and tests to conduct inspection and quality control
- Document and report data, recognize the importance of it and how it assists with maintenance planning
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
End of course exam
Successful completion of the written exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.