Who should attend
Although specifically designed for coating inspector trainees, this course benefits anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of coatings application and inspection. This includes:
- Project engineers
- Quality assurance managers
- Technical sales representatives
- Paint applicators
- Maintenance personnel
- Management or staff involved in maritime or shipbuilding with a required knowledge of coatings
- Describe the types and uses of protective coatings, their application, and associated quality control on vessels
- Recognize salient safety issues associated with performing inspection in marine industry
- Identify and use instruments mainly used in marine coating inspection
- Recognize various IMO Resolutions related to protective coatings (PSPC for ballast tanks, cargo tanks and voids, antifouling, etc.)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
End of course exam
A practical exam is administered at the end of the course. Successful completion of the exam is required to earn a certificate of completion.