Who should attend
Students who have previously taken the in-person or virtual CP4 Specialist class and would like to review the course material prior to the CBT exam.
- Design complete CP systems in a variety of industry applications including water tanks, aboveground and underground storage tanks, and pipelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rectifier and ground bed installation, along with source code calculations and protective coatings.
- Perform corrosion analysis on the job site.
- Manage and direct field tests.
- Apply new technologies to existing CP programs.
- Provide formal training to understudies on basic and advanced CP concepts.
- Recall and comply with codes, regulations, reporting procedures, and standard practices.
Previous completion of the CP4 Specialist course, but not yet certified.
Successful completion of the course is required to earn a certificate of course completion. Requirements are specific to each course and may include a combination of attendance, daily assessments, activities, quizzes, or knowledge checks.
For exam and translation availability, visit the NACE Institute site for individual exam and certification requirements. Requirements are specific to each certification and may include a combination of exams, application, course completion, work experience and proof of educational achievements. All certification and renewal applicants will be required to complete the AMPP ethics training program OR an equivalent training and provide proof of completion as part of the certification application or renewal process. *Please Note: Exams for the Cathodic Protection Technologist (English and Spanish) and Cathodic Protection Specialist (English only) Programs will be available at select Pearson VUE testing centers globally during two specified times per year. Please visit the CP3 and CP4 certification page for more details.