Call for Committee Volunteers
When NACE and SSPC combine in January, the New Organization (aka “NewOrg”) will consist of many opportunities for members to contribute their time, talent, and energy to the success of the organization.
Program Committees: The purpose of each Program Committee is to provide strategic oversight of, and direction to, the assigned programmatic area. In furtherance of this purpose, they:
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the products, programs and services.
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors on future initiatives, strategies and proposed investments.
- Receive input and guidance from the Board of Directors about key gaps, desired areas of focus, industry needs and overarching NewOrg direction.
- Surface issues that require Board / Executive Staff consideration and action.
If you are interested in becoming a member of any of the following committees, please fill out the application form below.
- Accreditation Program Committee (Company Certification, e.g. QP/NIICAP)
- Certification Program Committee (Individual Certification, e.g. CIP, PCI, etc.)
- Advocacy & Public Affairs Program Committee
- Membership Program Committee
- Education & Training Program Committee
- Technical Program Committee
- Research Program Committee
- Conferences & Events Program Committee
- Publications Program Committee
- Pre-Professional Program Committee
Awards Committee: The purpose of the Awards Committee is to administer all awards, honors, and recognitions established by the Board of Directors.
Ethics and Professional Practice Committee: The purpose of the Ethics and Professional Practice Committee is to handle violations of policies and/or ethics matters. The Committee is responsible for investigating and adjudicating technical violations and ethics matters which arise and are of such a nature that they may require corrective and/or disciplinary action.
Finance & Audit Committee: The Finance & Audit Committee is responsible for the following as they apply to the association:
- Oversight of fiscal and risk management policies of the Association
- Budgets of the Association
- Ensuring fiscal policy aligns with the objectives of the Association
- Oversight of staff compensation strategy
- The method for selection of the investment funds of the Association
- Oversight of the independent auditor
- Recommend Board action in response to the independent auditor’s report
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors
If you are interested in volunteering on one of the above committees, please click on the appropriate link below:
Commitment: The time commitment will vary between committees. Generally, applicants should expect quarterly meetings of the full committee with some committee work occurring between meetings. Almost all committee meetings will occur virtually so as to enable greater global participation and lower the financial burden of travel. Committee chairs may decide to hold an in-person meeting, yet it is expected that all meetings will allow virtual participation.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NACE and SSPC news
On April 21, 2020, NACE International and SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings announced that, after an historic member vote, the organizations have agreed to combine to form a new association to serve the corrosion and coatings industry.
NACE and SSPC leaders are committed to being transparent during the combination process. All updates regarding the ongoing work by member-led, staff-led, and joint member-staff teams will be posted below. Our goal is to share as much information as possible with our members. This page is updated regularly so please check back frequently.
If you have any questions or concerns or simply want to provide feedback, please send email to email@example.com.
Scheduled town hall meetings