NACE International - Research Seed Grant Funding
The Research Committee solicits proposals for new corrosion research every two years for projects covering new areas of corrosion research; significant expansion of current research within the corrosion field; or applied research, which will likely have practical value to business and industry.
The grant is intended to encourage new university researchers to study the corrosion of engineering materials. The Committee's Research Seed Grant Task Group reviews all proposals, "grades" the proposals based on a detailed point system, and presents its recommendation to the Research Committee for approval. The NACE Board of Directors ratifies the Research Committee's selection.
The recipient may request funding for a second year upon submission of a satisfactory progress report because it is assumed most projects will take two years.
The following items are considered in the review of proposals:
- a description of the proposed research project, including goals and specific objectives;
- a description of how the grant might be used to obtain additional support from other organizations;
- background on the principal investigator;
- a proposed budget (funds may not be used to support university indirect costs/overhead); and
- a description of other programs under way that might strengthen the proposal.
View the complete list of Seed Grant Recipients since the program’s inception.
For any questions or concerns related to Research Committee Activities, please contact NACE staff by email, email@example.com