The Direct Assessment course concentrates on internal, external, and stress corrosion cracking direct assessment, along with pre- and post-assessment, quality assurance, data analysis and integration, and remediation and mitigation activities. The course will also cover the benefits and limitations of Direct Assessment, its relationship to an overall integrity assessment program and industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
The course is presented in a format of lecture, discussion, and group exercises.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
Individuals responsible for implementation and/or management of an integrity program for a pipeline system with an emphasis on integrity verification and maintenance optimization.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Describe DA and the relationship to an overall pipeline corrosion integrity management program
- Recognize the benefits and limitations of DA
- Recall standards related to DA
- Differentiate DA from other pipeline integrity methods
- Perform quality assurance
- Establish corrosion rates
- Explain responsibilities of the operator and/or service provider
- Categorize the DA Phases:
- Indirect inspections
- Direct examinations
- Recognize the different types of DA:
- External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
- Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
- Confirmatory Direct Assessment (DA)
PCIM Direct Assessment Manual
PCIM Direct Assessment CD
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||12:00 PM