The Direct Assessment course will concentrate on internal, external and stress corrosion cracking direct
assessment along with pre and post assessment, quality assurance, data analysis and integration, and remediation
and mitigation activities. The course will also cover the benefits and limitations of Direct Assessment, its
relationship to an overall integrity assessment program and industry standards, regulations and best practices. Learning objectives include:
Describe DA and the relationship to an overall pipeline corrosion integrity
• Recognize the benefits and limitations of DA
• Recall industry standards related to DA
• Differentiate DA from other pipeline integrity methods
• Perform quality assurance
• Establish corrosion rates
• Explain responsibilities of the Operator and/or service provider
• Categorize the DA Phases:
–– Indirect Inspections
–– Direct Examinations
––Recognize the different types of DA
–– External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
–– Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
–– Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
–– Confirmatory Direct Assessment (DA).
NACE is recognized as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In order for a learner to “Successfully Complete” a NACE course and thereby receive a Certificate of Completion and CEUs, the following criteria must be met:
•Attend the entire course
•Successfully pass each learning assessment for the course with a score of 70% or higher
Learning assessments may include: a cumulative average quiz score, a practical exam, and/or a written exam.
For learners who do not meet the two criteria above, a retake of the course and the related learning assessments will be required, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs and “Successfully Complete” the NACE course.
Disclaimer: This Certificate of Completion denotes successful completion of the NACE course, and should not be interpreted as the award of a NACE Institute Certification.
At the conclusion of the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
Individuals responsible for implementation and/or management of an integrity program for a pipeline system with an emphasis on integrity verification and maintenance optimization.
• Comparison of DA to other pipeline integrity methods
• Direct Assessment Phases
• External Corrosion Direct Assessment (ECDA)
• Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment (ICDA)
• Stress Corrosion Cracking Direct Assessment (SCCDA)
• Confi rmatory Direct Assessment (DA)
• Establishing corrosion rates
• Reassessment options/intervals
• Quality assurance
• Management of change
• Continuous improvement
• Responsibilities of the Operator and/or service provider
PCIM Direct Assessment Manual
PCIM Direct Assessment CD
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||5:00 PM