The CP 2—Cathodic Protection Technician—Maritime Course presents cathodic protection technology with specific shipboard cathodic protection information.
NACE is recognized as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In order for a learner to “Successfully Complete” a NACE course and thereby receive a Certificate of Completion and CEUs, the following criteria must be met:
•Attend the entire course
•Successfully pass each learning assessment for the course with a score of 70% or higher
Learning assessments may include: a cumulative average quiz score, a practical exam, and/or a written exam.
For learners who do not meet the two criteria above, a retake of the course and the related learning assessments will be required, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs and “Successfully Complete” the NACE course.
Disclaimer: This Certificate of Completion denotes successful completion of the NACE course, and should not be interpreted as the award of a NACE Institute Certification.
At the conclusion of the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
- Individuals who work in the marine industry who have a working knowledge of shipboard cathodic protection
- Knowledge of the following subjects are necessary for understanding the material
- In-depth high school chemistry and mathematics courses
- CP 1—Cathodic Protection Tester or equivalent
- A comprehensive knowledge of electrochemistry, electricity, electrical laws and series and parallel circuits, meter operation, and CP fundamentals.
The NACE Basic Corrosion course is recommended
- Intermediate-level discussions of corrosion theory and CP concepts
- Types of CP systems including those specific to ships
- AC and DC stray current interference
- Advanced field measurement techniques some of which are specific to ships.
CP 2 Marine Manual on CD
CP 2 Marine Manual
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||1:00 PM||6:30 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||6:30 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||6:30 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||6:30 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||6:30 PM
|Day 6||8:00 AM||3:00 PM