The Pipeline Coating Applicator course covers the proper coating application procedures including understanding specifications, surface preparation, application techniques, dealing with changing ambient conditions, and quality control measures, for the most common coating materials to which contractors and inspectors are exposed to on pipeline projects.
Classroom instruction is comprised of lectures, discussions, and hands-on demonstrations in field conditions.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
Targeted to pipeline coating applicators, but will also benefit:
- pipeline inspectors
- foremen and supervisors
- manufacturer reps
- experienced coatings personnel
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (simple algebra, fractions, conversions)
- Industrial Coating Application e-Course (ICA)
- Recognize the impact of external corrosion and the consequences of failure
- Describe the importance of surface preparation, including sand blast cleaning
- Explain how to avoid or control surface contamination and account for weather conditions
- Perform a proper heating of the substrate
- Perform the proper application of:
- 2- and 3-layer heat shrink sleeves
- 2-part epoxy
- Pre-insulated/thermally insulated pipe coatings
- Cold and hot applied tapes
- Petroleum/wax brand tapes
- Utilize inspection equipment typically used during coating inspection
- Inspect quality of coatings in the field
No related certifications.
Pipeline Coating Applicator Training Manual
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||5:00 PM