CIP Level 2 is a six-day course that focuses on advanced inspection techniques and specialized application methods for both steel and non-steel substrates, including concrete. The course provides in-depth coverage of:
- surface preparation
- coating types
- inspection criteria
- lab testing
- failure modes for various coatings, including specialized coatings and linings
NACE is recognized as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In order for a learner to “Successfully Complete” a NACE course and thereby receive a Certificate of Completion and CEUs, the following criteria must
•Attend the entire course
•Successfully pass each
learning assessment for the course with a score of 70% or higher
Learning assessments may include: a cumulative average quiz score, a practical exam, and/or a written exam.
For learners who do not meet the two criteria above, a retake of the course and the related learning assessments will be required, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs and “Successfully Complete” the NACE course.
Disclaimer: This Certificate of Completion denotes successful completion of the NACE course, and should not be interpreted as the award of a NACE Institute Certification.
At the conclusion of the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
Anyone who is interested in increasing his or her coating inspection knowledge, or wants to become NACE Coating Inspector Level 2–Certified, should attend this course.
NACE CIP Level 2 training has one prerequisite: successful completion of NACE CIP Level 1 training.
In order to obtain a NACE CIP Level 2 certification, the student must have all of the following: a current NACE CIP Level 1 certification, two years of verifiable coatings-related work experience, and a verified application – including references. The NACE CIP Level 2 certification application can be found at www.naceinstitute.org.
For additional questions about registering for a NACE CIP Level 2 course or becoming NACE CIP Level 1 or NACE CIP Level 2 certified, please contact our First Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Advanced corrosion theory
- Environmental controls and advanced environmental testing
- Centrifugal blast cleaning and water jetting equipment, standards, methods of use, and inspection concerns
- Advanced nondestructive and destructive test instruments
- Surface preparation, application and inspection of liquid-applied and thick barrier linings
- Specialized application equipment including plural-component, electrostatic and centrifugal, and hot spray systems
- Concrete coatings
- Specialized coating techniques and application of non-liquid coatings
- Coating survey techniques and procedures and common coating failure modes
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||6:00 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||6:00 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||6:00 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||6:00 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||6:00 PM
|Day 6||8:00 AM||3:30 PM