This course is designed specifically to train coating inspectors to conduct inspections in nuclear power plants (NPPs), and is also used as a primer to familiarize non CIP-certified personnel with NPP coating requirements. The training focuses on the unique challenges presented by a nuclear facility’s restrictive and safety-critical environment, as well as the verbatim compliance compulsory in NPPs. The course also delves deeply into government, industry, and plant-specific regulations, technical specifications, and procedures.
Classroom instruction is comprised of lectures, case studies and discussions.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
- NPP quality assurance managers
- Qualified coating inspectors
- Inspection firms - qualified inspectors and managers
- Coating manufacturers sales and technical representatives
- Coating inspection and evaluation personnel at architectural engineering firms
- Coating contractors
- Coating evaluation personnel from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (U.S.)
- Paint supervisors at nuclear power plants
There are no required prerequisites for this course.
NACE CIP Level 1 Certification
Basic Corrosion or Basic Corrosion e-Course
Industrial Coating Application e-Course (ICA)
Introduction to Coating Inspection (ICI)
- Describe NPP operations, work procedures, and familiarity with industry terms
- Recognize all industry regulatory organizations worldwide (including the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC))
- Perform inspections in various areas of a NPP
- Recall the purpose, criteria, and types of qualified NPP Coatings
- Develop and manage a safety-related coatings program
- Classify surface preparation and coating application of different Coating Service Level (CSL) areas
- Match coating system type and DBA qualification requirements
- Determine and apply required qualifications to meet industry and plant-specific ANSI and ASTM standards
CIP Nuclear Manual
CIP Nuclear Manual on CD
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 2||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 3||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 4||8:00 AM||5:00 PM
|Day 5||8:00 AM||5:00 PM