The CIP One-Day Bridge Course provides specialized training for coating inspection of bridges that meets the training requirements specified by the U. S. Department of Transportation.
NACE is recognized as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In order for a learner to “Successfully Complete” a NACE course and thereby receive a Certificate of Completion and CEUs, the following criteria must be met:
•Attend the entire course
•Successfully pass each learning assessment for the course with a score of 70% or higher
Learning assessments may include: a cumulative average quiz score, a practical exam, and/or a written exam.
For learners who do not meet the two criteria above, a retake of the course and the related learning assessments will be required, in order to receive a Certificate of Completion with CEUs and “Successfully Complete” the NACE course.
Disclaimer: This Certificate of Completion denotes successful completion of the NACE course, and should not be interpreted as the award of a NACE Institute Certification.
At the conclusion of the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation.
See all upcoming classes...
Mail/Fax Registration Form (PDF)
CIP participants or Certified Coating Inspectors who would like to expand their knowledge of bridge coating application and inspection should attend this course.
NACE Coating Inspectors with active CIP cards who successfully complete this course will receive a bridge stamp on their CIP cards.
- Bridge nomenclature, bridge member identification numbering system, and industry specific terminology
- Bridge types and components for steel, concrete, and wood bridges
- Worker protection, field work site conditions including traffic control, and working from scaffolding and lifts
- Overview of hazardous materials and waste containment, environmental protection and monitoring, and safety concerns
- Surface preparation
- Sample specification encompassing construction methods
CIP One Day Bridge Manual on CD
CIP1 Bridge manual for course kit use
| ||Start Time||End Time
|Day 1||8:00 AM||5:00 PM