How Technical Committees Work
- Many of NACE’s members participate in the activities of more than 300 NACE technical committees. The committees serve as the technical arm of the Association.
- Committee members develop NACE standards, reports, and other publications, and conduct informative meetings, symposia, and open forums to exchange state-of-the-art technical information.
- Technical committees meet at NACE’s Annual Conference, at Corrosion Technology Week, and during the year as often as necessary to conduct business.
Technical Activities News
The following lists of NACE Technical Committee publications are to aid you in finding the publication you wish to download or purchase from the NACE Store. These lists include the NACE product/item number, which is the most efficient way to find the NACE document you are looking for.
Still can't find what you are looking for? Contact our FirstService Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 800-797-6223.
MR0175/ISO 15156 Maintenance Panel Updates
Users of NACE MR0175/ISO 15156, "Petroleum and natural gas industries—Materials for use in H2S-containing environments in oil and gas production," can now keep up-to-date with activities of the Maintenance Panel for this standard via a link from the NACE Web site to the ISO LiveLink Web site.
The following technical committees were recently formed. Click on the committee designation for more information, including committee assignments and officers. Get involved with one or more of these committees.
Draft Document Distributions
A number of proposed NACE publications will soon be distributed for ballot, including...
- • TG 214’s proposed revision to NACE Standard TM0194-2004, “Field Monitoring of Bacterial Growth in Oil and Gas Systems.”
- • TG 293’s proposed revision to NACE SP0206-2006, “Internal Corrosion Direct Assessment Methodology for Pipelines Carrying Normally Dry Natural Gas (DG-ICDA).”
- • TG 337’s Proposed NACE Standard Practice, “External Pipeline Coatings: Field Installation and Inspection for Maximum Performance.”
- • TG 380’s Proposed technical committee report, “Underdeposit Corrosion (UDC) Testing and Mitigation Methods in the Oil and Gas Industry."
- • TG 449 Proposed revision to NACE Standard TM0384-2002, “Holiday Detection of Internal Tubular Coatings of Less Than 330 µm (13 mils) Dry-Film Thickness.”
- • TG 450’s Proposed revision to NACE Standard TM0186-2002, “Holiday Detection of Internal Tubular Coatings of 355 to 760 µm (14 to 30 mils) Dry-Film Thickness.”
Interested persons may contact NACE Headquarters at 281-228-6264 receive a copy of these ballots or request a copy online
. Note: If you are not a member of the ballot's sponsoring STG(s), you will need to sign in as a nonmember.