NACE International, The Corrosion Society, serves nearly 30,000 members in 116 countries and is recognized globally as the premier authority for corrosion control solutions. The organization offers technical training and certification programs, conferences, industry standards, reports, publications, technical journals, government relations activities and more. NACE International is headquartered in Houston, Texas, with offices in San Diego, California; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Shanghai, China.
Protecting people, assets, and the environment from the effects of corrosion.
NACE International was established in 1943 by eleven corrosion engineers from the pipeline industry as the “National Association of Corrosion Engineers.” The founding engineers were originally part of a regional group formed in the 1930s when the study of cathodic protection was introduced. Since then, NACE International has become the global leader in developing corrosion prevention and control standards, certification and education. The members of NACE International still include engineers, as well as numerous other professionals working in a range of areas related to corrosion control.
• Conferences, symposia, and exhibitions
• General education courses, short-courses, and in-house training
• Training and certification programs
• Publications: magazines, newsletters, standards, books, and technical journals
• Public Affairs activities
NACE International’s membership includes engineers, inspectors, technicians, scientists, business owners, CEOs, researchers, educators, students and others. Our global membership comprises nearly every major industry including:
• Aerospace and Military
• Chemicals and Allied Products
• Electric, Electrical Equipment/Component
• Electric, Gas, and Sanitary Service
• Industrial and Potable Water
• Infrastructure and Transportation
• Metals: primary, fabricated products, and metallurgy
• Oil and Gas: production, distribution, storage, refining, and processing
• Pipeline and Underground Systems
• Plastics and Composites
• Pollution Prevention
• Power and Utilities
• Pulp and Paper
• Waste Management
NACE International is organized into four Areas in North America and four Global Areas. More than 120 sections and 26 student sections worldwide sponsor local programs to promote the exchange of corrosion information and education.
North America Areas (U.S. & Canada)
• Northern Area
• Eastern Area
• Central Area
• Western Area
• East Asia/Pacific Rim Area
• West Asia/Africa Area
• European Area
• Latin American Area